Please join us for “Toast the Trees”
The Long Branch Neighborhood Association (LBNA) is organizing our first fundraiser “Toast the Trees”. Please join us for a fun afternoon Wine and Cheese event in a beautiful private setting on Lake Ontario in Long Branch in support of our LBNA Tree Inventory Project.
Test your Long Branch Fun Fact Knowledge – Win great door prizes – Silent Auction – Get to know your neighbours
The LBNA has hired two local university students to conduct a tree inventory in Long Branch. In cooperation with the University of Toronto Forestry program, the data produced will help us understand our urban forestry successes and challenges in a way that can concretely inform policy, actions and stewardship and will be used to create a Long Branch Urban Forestry Management Plan. This plan will serve as a “measuring stick” against the City of Toronto’s goal of achieving a tree canopy of 40%.
Funding for the wages of the summer students for 8 weeks was obtained by the LBNA from a Canada Summer Jobs Grant – for which we are very grateful – however we did not receive the fully requested funding we need to conduct this program.
The University of Toronto, Faculty of Forestry have partnered with the LBNA to provide training and some equipment, however the LBNA needs funding to ensure its successful implementation and maximize the positive experience for both our students and the community.
All funds raised will go towards the LBNA Tree Inventory project and will help to provide:
- T-Shirts for our students so they are easily identified as they work in the community;
- Printing expenses including notices to homes to participate in the Inventory,
- Signage to raise awareness of the Tree Inventory Project; and
- Transportation for the students for training and mentoring with the U of T Faculty throughout the project;
- Tree inventory equipment and tree identification tools beyond that loaned to the LBNA by the U of T ;
- Extension of tree inventory paid hours above and beyond the 8 weeks provided by our Canada Summer Jobs Grant.
Please let us know if you have any special food allergies or food preferences when you book your ticket or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer to pay cash or cheque for your ticket, please contact one of the LBNA Board members or email us at email@example.com.
Tickets are $40 for 1 person or $75 for two people. You can also make a donation on-line if you would like to contribute to our Tree Inventory project but are not available to attend on June 24th.
Tickets are limited so please get yours soon.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Note: Graphic design provided by Vecteezy.com