How to Search for Planning Applications.
- Application Information Centre
- This site tracks applications from submission of application, through the COA Public Hearing process and the TLAB Appeal process, if required.
Who to Contact About Planning matters.
Relevant Legislation About Development
- City of Toronto Official Plan
- The plan is reviewed every five years. Amendments to the Plan must be approved by City Council and receive approval by the Minister of Municipal Affairs.
- City of Toronto Zoning Bylaws
- City of Toronto Policies on Public and Private Trees
- Long Branch Neighbourhood Character Guidelines
- The Neighbourhood Guidelines were developed through a process of public consultation and were unanimously approved by City Council in 2018.
The City of Toronto Official Plan.
- Chapter Site Specific Policies.
- These are designated areas for intensification. Section 22 and 23 specifically deal with areas in Long Branch.
- City of Toronto Official Plan Review – Overview 2015
- City of Toronto Official Plan 5 year review – Staff Report – Recommendations
- Official Plan Five Year Review: Amendments to the Healthy Neighbourhoods, Neighbourhoods and Apartment Neighbourhoods Sections of the Official Plan – Final Recommendation Report
- City of Toronto Official Plan Amendment 320 (OPA 320)
Ontario Municipal Board hearing status and hearing results.
- Ontario Municipal Board – Hearing Status and Rulings
- As of 2018, the OMB no longer hears appeals for consents and variances on single properties, these appeals are now heard at the Toronto Local Appeal Board (TLAB).
- OMB hearings for Long Branch are still in the process of wrapping up, but are essentially complete
Toronto Local Appeal Body Hearing Status and Decisions
- Toronto Local Appeal Body
- The Toronto Local Appeal Body now hears all new appeals for consent and minor variances. The first one for Long Branch was heard in December 2018 for 38 Thirty Sixth Street.
- If you’d like to see decisions and the schedule of TLAB hearings, please follow this link.
Other Helpful Links connecting you to legal references and city motions.
- The Forestry Act
- The Municipal Act
- An Examination of Divisional Court Ruling Vincent vs Degasperis
- City of Toronto Council Meetings and Agendas