Community Environment Days are held every year from April to September to help reduce the amount of reusable, recyclable or household hazardous waste going into landfill.
Do your part to create a cleaner, greener and more liveable Toronto. Drop off reusable and recyclable items such as clothing, small appliances, non-perishable food items and electronics. You can also drop off household hazardous waste for safe disposal and pick up free compost for your garden.
- Kitchen scrap collection container ($5 each)
Drop off for recycling or proper disposal:
Donate items in good condition for reuse:
- Sporting goods
- Books (excluding textbooks)
- Cameras, CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays
- Dress-up clothing and costume jewelry
- Clothing, linens, etc.
- Small household items
- Musical instruments, board games
- Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Non-perishable foods
Please do not bring: ink cartridges or toner, construction waste, air conditioners, garbage, wood, cassette and videotapes, commercial/industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.